Thursday, November 11, 2010

Friends

Have you ever had friends that intimidate the hell out of you?  They are wonderful people, kind, giving, generous, dependable.  There is just something that scares the hell outta ya.  Maybe its respect for all that they are capable of.  Maybe they are just like me, guarded and shy just needing an extra push to be soft and gentle.

The wonderful thing about Peace Corps are the friends you make along the way.  You never would of known these people if it hadn't been for Peace Corps: host country nationals, fellow Peace Corps Volunteers, Development Workers, or Embassy Employees.  The only common thread is Zambia.  Every single one you meet has something interesting and meaningful to contribute to your life.
There are so many wonderful people I have met here and a few that I can call good friends, or getting there.  I suppose I just really wanted to be thankful for all the people that have come into my life over the past two years.  While some are no longer here, I think of you often and miss you lots! And those that are still here, your the best!  And my friends back home, I miss you dearly.

1 comment: